Stay Safe, Start Living
Health & Safety
At Corazón Cabo Resort & Spa, the health and safety of our guests and our employees is of the utmost importance to us. As part of our commitment to you during COVID-19, we have implemented the following standards and practices to ensure that your stay here with us is as safe as it is enjoyable.
As of June 12, 2022, the United States no longer requires a negative Covid test result to enter the country, creating additional flexibility in travel between the States and Mexico. Mexico also does not require a negative test to enter the country prior to arrival.
Standards of Cleanliness
- A comprehensive, general sanitization will be performed prior to reopening, as well as on a periodic basis, according to the recommendations of health authorities.
- Cleaning and disinfection protocols that use certified sanitization products and which focus on high-touch areas have been implemented.
- Implementation of a permanent sanitization team, to sanitize general areas.
- Bellmen will welcome guests wearing masks and gloves.
- To maintain minimal contact, bellmen will suggest that guests use caution or inquire if guests would like assistance.
- Suitcase sanitization (external) with sanitizing product or special device.
- Infrared digital thermometers will be used for temperature checks. Guests with temperatures over 38°C/100.4°F will be checked by a doctor and may not be allowed access.
- A document with COVID-19 hygiene and social distancing recommendations will be provided to all guests.
- Masks available on request.
- Social distance markers at 1.50 meters/4ft for check-in at front desk, concierge, spa desk and hostess areas. Guests will wait in an open area and will be called upon by an associate to avoid saturation in lobby areas.
- Continuous cleaning and sanitization of all surfaces and items at front desk and concierge.
- General sanitization and nebulization of rooms.
- Daily room cleaning and housekeeping with certified sanitization products and a strong focus on high-touch areas, including kitchenettes, furniture, remote controls, phones, electric outlet, light switches, and door handles.
- Sheet and towel washing at high temperatures (min. 60°C/140°F).
- All housekeeping associates to use masks and gloves.
- Guests may opt out of housekeeping if they prefer to minimize number of people who enter the room.
- Hand sanitizer and sanitizing spray as part of in-room amenities; masks and gloves available on request.
- Paper amenities, pens, and magazines will be removed from rooms (available on request).
- Housekeeping carts cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Simple towel folding (no decorative figures) to avoid longer contact than necessary.
- Special procedure for receiving and delivering whites.
- Sheet and towel washing at high temperatures (min. 60°C/140°F).
- All laundry staff to wear a mask and gloves.
- The hotel sheets and towels will be delivered in previously sanitized crates.
Social Distancing, Personal Hygiene & Health
- Maximum of two persons in elevators, excluding members of the same party.
- Information panels set in strategic locations, indicating preventive measures for health and hygiene.
- Informational video shown on the rooms detailing the hygiene and sanitization measures implemented throughout the hotel, as well as suggested measures the guests should take for their own care.
- Health and safety guidelines for guests posted in all areas, in English and Spanish.
Food & Beverage
- Furniture will be rearranged in restaurants and bars (1.50 meters/four feet) and maximum capacities will be established, per social distancing guidelines.
- Social distancing reminders on all tables.
- Use of masks and gloves by cooks serving at restaurants and bars.
- Use of masks by wait staff.
- Menus will be available on mobile devices and physical menus on request.
- To reduce contact, when signing on checks, antibacterial gel will be on hand and pen and check holder will be cleaned in the presence of the client.
- Continuous kitchen sanitization.
- Minimal handling of napkins and tablecloths.
- Constant sanitization of tables with certified cleaning products.
- Items on tables (such as flowers, salt, and pepper shakers, etc.) will be removed to reduce high-touch surface areas.
- Permanently increase the temperatures used in dishwashing machines.
- Preserved food to be physically protected in containers.
- Proper distancing between wait staff and guests.
- Continuous sanitization of floors, walls, and all solid surfaces. Staff trained on hygienic protocol, including the chemicals used and the frequency with which they must be used.
- Health, social distancing, and safety rules to be observed will be posted in all “Back of House” areas for all kitchen staff and waiters.
- Training to reinforce proper hand-washing procedures (minimum 20 seconds, using bactericidal soap and hot water) and practices for sneezing or coughing (into elbow, followed by hand washing).
- Increased standards regarding staff presentation as it relates to hygiene.
Pools, Sparitual, & Beach Club
- Loungers in pool areas will be set in groups of two or four, which will then be separated by distances of 1.50 meters (approx. four feet).
- Maximum capacity set for Sparitual areas.
- All spa associates and therapists will wear masks.
- Daily sanitization of cabins.
- Booth sanitization after use.
- Daily deep sanitization of wet areas, as well as sanitization after each use.
- General sanitization of all public areas, surfaces, and high touch points with certified sanitization products.
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of loungers with authorized disinfectant products; also done after each guest use.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed in strategic locations throughout the resorts such as the front desk, restaurant entrances, swimming pools, outside elevators, lobbies, spas, and public bathrooms.
- Minimum handling of pool towels.
- Sanitization of door handles in public areas.
- Increased frequency of the cleaning and sanitizing of air conditioning vents, fan and coils in rooms and public areas.
- Follow-up on all control and hygiene measures (refrigerator temperatures, cameras, dishwasher temperatures, hot water temperature in rooms, chillers, swimming pools, etc.).
- Chlorination of pools and backwashing of filters.
- Placement of sanitizing tablets in all air conditioning vents in rooms, lobby areas, spas, restaurants, mini market, etc. (all closed areas that have air conditioning).
- Implementation of a permanent sanitization team to sanitize the general areas.
- Disinfection procedure installed at personnel entrance.
- Security team will take the temperature of all personnel.
- Security will verify the use of face masks, and in some cases gloves, by staff in certain areas.
- Security will verify that suppliers comply with all regulations when delivering their products. All supplier staff must wear gloves and a mask to access the resorts.
Suppliers, Providers, & Third Parties
- All suppliers must use masks and gloves.
- All external providers (of merchandise or services, including photographers) must also use a mask and gloves and have antibacterial gel available for use. Merchandise providers must sanitize the boxes in which they offer their products.
- Verification of certified providers and suppliers, and verification of the hygiene conditions in their plants and warehouses (including cleaning practices, refrigeration temperatures, warehouse temperature controls, etc.).
IF A COVID-19 CASE IS DETECTED: If a case is detected or suspected within the hotel, the guest will be sent to their room to receive care from the on-call doctor. The guest will be isolated in the room until they can be checked by the health authorities. The room will not be returned to inventory until it is thoroughly sanitized with certified products.